The annual Cooper Young Festival returns on Saturday, September 19th from 9am-7pm! Come out for a day of music, food, and shopping.
Shuttle services will be offered by Ride the Roo and Christian Brothers University. Park your car in the parking lot entering off Central Avenue and catch the Roo over to the entrance of the Festival. Handicap parking is available. Shuttle services will run from 9am-7pm. You can also pack up the strollers and head over for some Memphis College of Art fun in the Children’s Area. Hosted annually by the Civitians, the area will offer an assortment of hands on art projects, bouncing activities and slides as well as games of chance and prizes. All proceeds from the Children’s Area go toward helping people in our community with developmental disabilities.
Here’s the musical line-up:
- 11:15 Deering and Down
- 12:15 Maitre D’s
- 1:15 Alexis Grace
- 2:15 Will Graves and Soul
- 3:15 Fast Mothers
- 4:15 Chinese Connection Dub Embassy
- 5:15 Headliner – Otis Clay and the Take Me To The River Band, Featuring Charles Hodges, Hi Rhythm Section and Stax Alumni
Memphis Grizzlies/Goner Record Stage:
- 12:30 Hosoi Bros
- 1:30 Robby Grant
- 2:30 Aquarian Blood
- 3:30 Mark Edgar Stuart & the Hot Mess
- 4:30 Nots
School of Rock Stage:
- 12:00 Tribute to Tom Petty
- 2:00 Tribute to Nirvana
- 4:00 School of Rock Memphis House Band – The 901
While you’re waiting on festival day:
- Attend the Art Invitational on Thursday, September 17th, at the Jay Etkin Gallery (942 South Cooper Street) from 6-9pm. This event is free to the public. There will be wine and cheese, a Miller Lite beer bar, and music by local musicians.
- Register for the Festival Friday 4-Miler Race that begins at the Trestle Bridge on Friday, September 18th at 7pm.